About Jerry Salcido
Salt Lake City, UT
Phone (801) 413-1753 (Local)
(888) 337-3235 (Toll Free)
Fax (801) 618-1380
Jerry Salcido is a trial and appellate lawyer who is licensed to practice law in Utah, California, and Arizona and a founding Member of Salcido Law Firm PLLC. Before founding Salcido Law Firm, Jerry practiced litigation in the San Francisco Bay Area for six years, including at the world’s largest law firm Baker & McKenzie LLP. In doing so, Jerry gained invaluable experience in representing everyone from the local individual to the multinational Fortune 500 company. In addition to having appeared countless times before both state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels, Jerry has experience in mediation and international arbitration.
Jerry has substantial experience in representing individuals injured in various ways including car accidents, slip and falls, and through medical malpractice. Among other things, Jerry’s criminal experience includes a stint with the Utah County Public Defender’s office where he defended numerous individuals accused of crimes such as DUI, drug possession, theft, domestic violence, and other crimes. Jerry has also provided pro bono services to disabled children and victims of domestic violence which has even included filing a brief with the United States Supreme Court on their behalf.
Along with representing individuals, Jerry has represented financial institutions, energy companies, technology companies, charitable organizations, medical companies, and a wide array of other small and large businesses in all types of litigation including contract disputes, shareholder disputes, and breaches of fiduciary duties.
Jerry strives to use his experience to protect constitutional and natural rights. In 2008, after the California Court of Appeals ruled that “homeschooling” is illegal without a state teaching certificate, Jerry represented California Homeschool Network in persuading the court to reverse its decision, thereby protecting the rights of the nearly three hundred thousand California children who receive their education at home. Jerry also has served on the legal team of the Homeschool Association of California for four years, and served as its legal chair.
Jerry’s practice focuses on criminal defense, bankruptcy, personal injury, and family law.
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2004
- Brigham Young University, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude – History, 2001
- California State Bar
- Arizona State Bar
- Utah State Bar
- American Bar Association
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Proud Member of
- Jonathan L. v Superior Court, 165 Cal.App.4th 1074 (2008) – represented California Homeschool Network in the landmark case that cemented the rights of parents to homeschool their children in California.
- Chairman, Alameda County Republican Party, 2009
- Legal Chair, HomeSchool Association of California, 2009
- Legal Team Member, HomeSchool Association of California, 2005 – 2009
- Legal Team Member, California Homeschool Network, 2008 – 2009
- Pro bono volunteer of the year, Baker & McKenzie LLP, San Francisco/Palo Alto, 2008.